Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE CR-V OF THE MONTH
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has vision problems, Cataracts and Macular Degeneration, and needs the headlights (and fog lights?) to be as bright as possible; (without blinding oncoming traffic). What the the brightest lights I can get. She saw some ‘Blue Ice’ lights that she thought would help. Would fog lights help? Is installing fog lights difficult, or do they snap & plug in?

Obviously her eyesight is not so bad that she can’t safely drive usually. The worst problems are rainy nights when the road is very black, and there may not be good side & center markings. Oncoming lights are a problem too. Then I usually drive her. Aren’t there some polarized night time glasses that cut down glare at night?

·
Registered
236 Posts
If Honda provides fog lights as an accessory add-on for your vehicle, the installation instructions should be all you need. I've never done that job, but seriously doubt it is just a "snap and plug in" installation. In my experience installing Honda accessories in a Civic, Pilot and now a CRV, the how-to instructions Honda provides are excellent. I have fog lights on the Pilot and CRV, and love them. They do a great job lighting up the road, even in the rain, immediately in front of the vehicle. I'm not a lighting expert, but would be careful putting too much faith in the "brightness" power of any new lights. Research that carefully. My suspicion is that most blind oncoming traffic without adding any better illumination for you as the driver ... but that is just my opinion and could be totally off base.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,661 Posts
I haven't done the install yet, but I got the fog light kit for my '07. It requires removing the front bumper, but that doesn't worry me. Some of the other steps do, like the wiring harness, both under the hood and under the dash, as well as installing the switch on the steering column. I suspect it won't be as bad as it looks, but I doubt I will complete the job in the two hours it says a Honda service tech takes. More likely it will take a day or more.

I also plan to research and then upgrade the fog lights and the headlights to LEDs. There are many YouTube videos on all this, so you could start there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just do it LEDs are great. I just switched my 2018 CRV low beams to LEDs and they are great to see and be seen.
I am in the process of changing my fog lights to LEDs also. They add increased visibility in bad weather but also add to your lighting directly
in front of the car and especially the sides! Just make sure you get the appropriate lights and follow instructions carefully but most are plug in and go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.