Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unbelievablly drove away with fuel hose still in the filler. (Blush) Wondering if replacing the filler flap is a D.I.Y. job. I see a part listed, but can't tell if that's all that's needed:
The part is "Cover, Flap module seal #17678-TLA-A03

Anyone had this issue or know what's involved?

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,918 Posts
Ouch. First time I have heard this one.

Are you sure that is the only part damaged?

I ask because if anything is not 100% with these capless fuel ports.. you probably will start getting emission system failure alerts. This is probably something best repaired by a dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I have been driving it for a couple of months with the broken piece duct taped in place with not warning alerts. I first used JB weld to repair it , but that failed after a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,918 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I have been driving it for a couple of months with the broken piece duct taped in place with not warning alerts. I first used JB weld to repair it , but that failed after a couple of weeks.
Got it... so sounds like you just need to replace that part then. We have some good mechanics in the forum, so I bet one of them stops by and gives some advice on replacement.

AND..... (y) (y) for duct tape! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts