Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I own a 2002 honda crv and yesterday after leaving my car parked in front of a clients home for four hours I returned to find my rearview mirror just lying on the front floorboard. It was completely attached when I'd parked the car and although I rarely touch or move the mirror it did not appear to be loose in any way prior to its falling off. The part of the mirror that was attached to the windshield looks as if it has cracked glass on it which someone said is probably just the glue that had been used to attach the mirror. However, the area on the windshield itself where the mirror was attached looks as if the glass is cracked as well. It sort of looks like when a bb goes through glass, only cracking/shattering in a small area. Is that just the glue as well or could this small square of glass actually be shattered?

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Take this down to your local windshield shop. They will clean and reinstall it for you with the proper adhesive, if the windshield is not cracked. If it is they are the people to ask what to do then. Last time I did this they charged me $15 and it took about 30 minutes. No touch for 24 hours. Never came off again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much @kloker for replying to my post as well as the advice! It probably seemed like a no-brainer to forum members but well, sadly (& embarrassingly) I'm one of those [older] gals who remains automobile illiterate and who has yet to find that one trustworthy, reliable and financially feasible mechanic/auto repair shop whom I can confidently turn to when things go amiss. My first instinct was to just pick up whatever adhesive is sold and stick that sucker back up there but then remembered this forum. To my surprise you were kind enough to give me some advice, I'd expected mostly alot of snarky comments, which pulled the brakes on my attempting to DIY it and creating a bigger problem I'll have to do a bit more research for that "reliable" local glass shop as the one I'd used twice in the past year resulted in my cars passenger window no longer working, being without the right front (passenger) door mirror garnish* (*??merely a guess as to what the part is called??) as well as poor installation of window tinting film. And yes I have tried to get these things corrected but in the end.., "it is what it is". Sorry for all the blah, blah, blah! Thank you again! 🙃

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about so much difficulty! If you lived around here I could point you in the right direction for things like the best mechanic in town, the best inspector, and the place I use for glass, which always does a good job for me. If you share your city you might find a member here who can offer you that information. The glass shop I use is a Safelite Dealer.

By the way, while you're on here, here's an idea: Go to your Account Settings Page. You will fins new features there, such as a place to show your vehicle information so that it shows up in your Avatar, as you can see it does in mine, or you can also opt to add it in your Signature. These are new features recently added.

Anyway, let us know how this turns out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.