Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver's side WeatherTech liner is buckling along the outer edge where the door meets the car. (2017 Touring)

I've emailed WeatherTech, but has anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
77 Posts
My driver's side WeatherTech liner is buckling along the outer edge where the door meets the car. (2017 Touring)

I've emailed WeatherTech, but has anyone else had this happen?
Can you please post few photos please when you get chance.If they have issues I would skip them.

·
Registered
653 Posts
My driver's side WeatherTech liner is buckling along the outer edge where the door meets the car. (2017 Touring) I've emailed WeatherTech, but has anyone else had this happen?
When I was installing the driver's side, I thought I had the fit just right and everything was tight -- but the holes were off center from the anchors about 1/8". I lifted the mat edge (closest to the seat) and jiggled it quite a bit to get the anchors lined up and secured. It still looked just a bit "off" so I lifted up the edge under the brake pedal and jiggled a bit more. After this, the mat sorta "sucked" itself down into the compartment. The fit it pretty tight now. Then I noticed that the passenger side fit really well, but not quite as tight, so I did some more jiggling and now it's fitting better.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yesterday (Sunday) I got the following reply from WeatherTech:

"Thank you for contacting WeatherTech.

First and foremost, we’d like to confirm that no pre-existing mat is underneath the FloorLiner. If there is we would please ask that they be removed and no longer installed underneath the FloorLiner.

The FloorLiners are made form a virgin TPE and TPO material so they are susceptible to a little bit of warping with the sides over time from the constant use and pressure. We have a method that can restore the FloorLiner's shape and memory. We suggest taking the FloorLiner out of the vehicle and physically manipulating the sides with your hands, turning it downward in the opposite direction of the warping and holding for a few seconds. This is an effective method and fixes any warping in the lips of the liners. If interested, we'd also be happy to send Velcro strips to you to secure the sides to the vehicle. All we would need is a shipping address.

If this method does not work and you are not satisfied please let me know. Any photos of the product installed in the vehicle and order number would help in troubleshooting the problem.

If you have any further questions please let us know.

Thank you,"

·
Administrator
3,290 Posts
Warping is normal for the thin edge of these mats in my experience. Dont know it its heat or being scuffed by boots that does it, but it happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts