Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions for my 03 EX.

1. The "drive" and "o/d off" spot, which are on the same level looking at the dash cluster, are both gone. Slight annoyance, but if I can find the bulb type for it that would be sweet.
2. The odometer backlighting also seems to be gone.
3. The climate control, it's super dark at night, but they don't actually look like they have lights which is kind of dumb, other than the press buttons on the bottom. Is there an aftermarket iridescent paint sticker for it or something?

My usual site, superbrightleds.com has no information on this at all, which I found strange.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that helps a ton thanks! I thought they'd be #74 since most dash lights are but I wasn't sure. I found on autolumination the Honda light cross-references for a Neo wedge Type B, but I can't verify NEO type on other sites. But also, is this just for the press buttons or do the dials light up?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oops, just saw this same guy had a 2nd video for this. So the bigger NEO does each three dials, and smaller one does each of the three buttons.

The days before youtube and forums seems almost archaic

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which of those bases do you think looks like the lower bulb for the climate controls?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just watched these videos myself. It seems like the LEDs are crisp and bright, but lack a good diffusion leaving the light very concentrated inside the instrument cluster.
The video listed here does mention that and states he grounds the tip of the LEDs off to reduce that, but it still looks very unevenly lit.

I did a similar replacement of OEM bulbs in an 07 Corolla with LEDs and I don't know if it was just a shoddy product or an issue with the car's voltage, but over half the LEDs I used ended up going bad within a month or two. Some would just randomly light up, some would flicker. A few kept working just fine. I did see at least one comment on the NEOx bulbs that mentions much the same behavior.

Interestingly, I took a look at the link to the NEOx bulbs, when I put in a 2003 Honda CR-V, it lists those bulbs as 'may not be compatible' and the only bulbs they seem to list are just the more common bulbs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For theight dispersion I think he was using the cheapest possible type with the narrow beam angle. I bought 360 degree ones. I have yet to out them in. I'll confirm fitment for the others as well

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm thinking I'll just get incandescents since my 05 is 15 years old and the bulbs have lasted this long. I doubt I'll have the car another 15 years. Does anyone know the type of bulb for the temperature control knobs?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts