Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! We just bought our first CR-V, but have an E with 283K on it. My first question to ask is...other than a vendor's site, how can I find out the bulb types used in this car? I like to replace incandescents with LEDs, or at least have some standing by when one of the current incandescents blows.

I'm on the Honda Estore looking at the rear and front cluster diagrams, and the bulbs are named "Bulb (12v 21w/5w) (Stanley)" and such, which doesn't help me unless I want to order from Honda. I've scoured the manual, but can't find a single reference to bulb replacement numbers.

Any help would be appreciated!
Steve B.
2011 CR-V EX-L 5AT

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I found a table of the bulb information on Page 344 of my 2014 CR-V Owners Manual.
The specs don't mean a lot to me, but if a bulb was burned out I'd take it to an auto parts store and buy a replacement.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Hey folks! We just bought our first CR-V, but have an E with 283K on it. My first question to ask is...other than a vendor's site, how can I find out the bulb types used in this car? I like to replace incandescents with LEDs, or at least have some standing by when one of the current incandescents blows.
A couple of the bulb manufacturers' sites (like Philips, Sylvania, etc.) have charts that show which bulbs are used, but some of the nomenclature is off. I did get LEDs for the interior, but they are not the "warm" white and give a sickly glow to the interior. Yet it is still brighter than stock bulbs, so I won't complain too much.

I thought of going full LED but I don't think we're keeping our '09s much longer.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
For anyone in the US who decides to stay with incandescent bulbs, stock up on some at Rock Auto with your next order. They are often the same bulbs you buy in the stores, but are way less expensive. (The markup on bulbs at the stores is probably at least 3x - 4x what they pay for them.)

·
Registered
2008 Honda CR-V EX-L FWD
99 Posts
LED is useless on reflector housing, as the light get scatter all around. IF you need brighter light go with HID, and re-aim your headlight, also disable your DRL by removing the fuse under the dash. Otherwise, the ballast will prematurely fail due to the low voltage output of DRL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts