Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried emailing them to see if they had any issues? it looks like it's fitted to a touring model so it has the honda sensing tech.
I just e-mailed them today. Let's hope for a response soon because I really want one!

My 2nd option would be to get one of the lower ones...

·
Registered
139 Posts
frontright.jpg back.jpg frontleft.jpg Bull bar stays under radar but in very bright day glare may interfere with sensing system . At least that what happened to me a few times. I'm considering to put some mate tape around front bar.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was advice not to install black bull bar because its got painted and every time somebody scratch your front or rear paint is pilled off and after while its going to be rusty.
I put some mate carbon tape on front bar and notice that almost no big difference sensing system still engage even at dark time my car slammed on brake(happened around 9pm). What else I noticed that its happening almost or around the same place of hwy I'm driving. May be there is something on the road like dividers on right side or little hill. Will ask my dealer.
20170606_193927.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there, I'm curious what type of Bull bar that is. Its difficult to find photos of 2017s with bull bars installed and that one looks really good. Have you gotten any more info on the radar issue?

·
Registered
14 Posts
front and rear bumper guard

anyone installed front and rear bull metal bumper guard? i heard the rear will interfere with the hand-free tailgate if you have the touring model.. and also the cross traffic monitor. the front will interfere with the radar and affecting the sensor.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
My concern is what happen in a front end accident.... will air bags deploy properly .... and dose it affect crush zone area

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thinking about getting those too. I have them on my 2000 Montero, it is matte black and after 17 years, discolored and some rust in small areas. I have a rear step bar attached to the hitch which kinda protects the rear. It should help protect the bumper on parking lots where cars/trucks like to park close/push on your bumper.

I think, unless you there is blockage of the center of the rear bumper, the auto liftgate should still work.

I'm partial to the chrome as I have an all black and I think it will look nice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thinking about getting those too. I have them on my 2000 Montero, it is matte black and after 17 years, discolored and some rust in small areas. I have a rear step bar attached to the hitch which kinda protects the rear. It should help protect the bumper on parking lots where cars/trucks like to park close/push on your bumper.

I think, unless you there is blockage of the center of the rear bumper, the auto liftgate should still work.

I'm partial to the chrome as I have an all black and I think it will look nice.
so i went to a shop today and tried to put the metal bar behind the rear bumper... and then tried to kick to activate the hand free tailgate... it did not work!!! i think the metal is interfering the sensor for some reason. so beware if you going to have the metal bar installed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
so i went to a shop today and tried to put the metal bar behind the rear bumper... and then tried to kick to activate the hand free tailgate... it did not work!!! i think the metal is interfering the sensor for some reason. so beware if you going to have the metal bar installed.
Thanks for the verification. Oh wow that is a problem then. I don't want to lose a feature. I hope they can design one that will work. In the meantime, the vendors/resellers should be putting that warning for potential buyers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
With a trailer hitch, I can use my spare Go Rhino hitch step. It serves as an alternative bumper protector for the occasional parking bumps.

·
Registered
139 Posts
See my picture above: the rear bumper guard doesn't interfere with censor on my car. You need to get used to open lift gate with kicking motion. It took me a while to get this. Also check my picture with front one. After I get TSB 064 so far so good nothing interfere in front.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The sensor may have to be moved, which is why the dealer says "let us install the hitch since we know how to move the sensor."

1 - 20 of 45 Posts