Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Honda CR-V touring 2014 . Since the day I bought I smell rubber burn at rear right hand side tire . I informed Honda dealership but they were unable to fixed it . Almost 6 years I have same issue .

All the dashboard lights come up time to time . Still I couldn’t solve any of these problems even I talked to dealership. I love Honda CR-V and I recommend to lots people already . But hereafter I am not going to do it anymore.
Headache .

·
Registered
284 Posts
Interesting about the smell. I had it on our 2007 CRV in the same location. Was never able to determine the cause and eventually got rid of the vehicle. The dealer was also unable to find the cause. There were no operating issues with the smell present but it was annoying.

·
Registered
13 Posts
After owning a VW that pretty much had everything around the transmission/engine fail (but not the engine block itself) ... lesson number one, if the vehicle has never stranded you, you're doing good. Maybe my bar is low, but ... waiting and walking both suck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reviving the thread to chime in that my new-to-me 2012 occasionally has a burning rubber smell coming from the right rear fender well too. The tire, rim and brake parts are not hot. I'd love to solve this mystery.

·
Registered
2007 CRV AWD
1,616 Posts
Burning rubber smell??
Would a thermal scanner or even an infrared laser detector
be able to determine where the heat is on the vehicle?
And thereby give a clue as to where to look for the issue?

Carbuff2 says it is road treatment (de-icer) that is burning off the hot exhaust??

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L AWD
541 Posts
My 08 had the same issue the entire 7 years I had it. Never a problem other then the smell. I always thought because the tire is close to the exhaust and just heating it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts