Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when starting up the car (2015 Honda CR-V EX) one day, I noticed that one of the buttons had fallen off the left side of the touchscreen. Over the next couple days, more of the buttons suddenly started falling out. If I put one back into its socket, it simply becomes loose and it feels like it will fall off again.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? How can I fix this?

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
282 Posts
Obviously this is not an everyday problem.
What kind of spray on cleaner did you (or your girlfriend) over-apply?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven’t experienced it with the little flat rectangular buttons, but at one point last year, the fan control dial on the left side came loose and popped off. I made sure I had all the pieces, and then I took the right one off to figure out what goes where. Matched em up, popped em back in, and Bob’s your uncle!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wow! I would maybe call a body shop (most also do interior work as well) and ask them what they recommend doing. I called my body shop about what to do when the 2012's steering wheel H badge started flaking off and they helped me :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Super clean the contact areas using alcohol wipes. If you don't have this, use small amount of brake cleaner spray (using a Q-Tip swab) or MAF sensor cleaner (using Q-Tip swab). Don't use carb cleaner as it might leave behind a residue. Purpose of cleaning is to remove its invisible surface oils.

Using a Q-Tip end and Seal-All Glue (re: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/8-0AAOSwJlRe9leS/s-l1600.jpg ), wipe both touch points. Push together and remove an squeezed out glue right away. Let dry 24-48 hours and see if this works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To follow up on the OP's initial question, would anyone be able to suggest a source for those buttons, please? Just discovered the Power button has mysteriously disappeared from my 2016 Infotainment unit! Looked everywhere and it's nowhere to be found.
Is it time to hit the scrap yards looking for one or does anyone know, by any chance, if Honda makes them available as a replacement part?
Thanks in advance for any ideas and thoughts!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts