Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my 2001 C-rv finally bit the dust with needing a transmission replaced at 260,000 miles. It served me well with little trouble through the years even with its weird quirks towards the end. I'm looking at a few models between 2011/2014 but skeptical with so many complaints with certain models having trouble with breaks, oil leaks, and transmissions issues. Any suggestions on which years might be more reliable??

Comparing 2011 AWD 86,000 or 2014 LX 96,000 mi.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I have a 2014 that has been trouble free, although mine only has about 40,000 miles on it.

Do both vehicles have complete maintenance records?
The 2011 has AWD, but what trim level is it? LX, EX, SE?
And does the 2014 LX have AWD?

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,877 Posts
My 2013 has been virtually trouble free but I do have an occasional VTC actuator grind but Honda says it doesn't cause any damage, so I'm not worried about it. As raccoon asked, do they come with full maintenance records? What trim is the 2011? I personally would go with he 2014 since it is 3 years newer, has a more powerful engine, and gets better fuel economy. You also didn't mention price because that is a huge factor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks that helps some to think about it. Esp about the grinding, as the AWD had a similar sound I was concerned about while driving. Also I do not have the info pulled up right now would have to go back and look for trim info to compare. I’m looking to stay under 10k so ranges 9-10k. The CarFax on them looks great not sure about all records. Most of my concerns are buying a car with major problems to fix that you really shouldn’t have to question about Honda in general.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts