Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on buying a used CRV. I have been looking for something in the $3.000 or less price range. I owned a 88 Civic hatchback years ago and loved it but now I want a CRV with AWD or 4 WD. As I stated I have a very limited budget. My problem is that I do not know enough about the models of CRV's to make an informed decision, such as maybe models or engine sizes, manual or automatic transmissions to stay away from or to seek out. Any advice on older model CRV's would be appreciated.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,155 Posts
On the home page of this Forum, there are specs for the different 'generations'.

Then look on some of the buying sites like Edmunds to see how much CR-vs are going for in your area.

Finally, sites like Consumers Reports have data on reliability of various subsystems. (You MIGHT need to go to a library (GASP!) to find older issues of the buying guides)

Good Luck with your search.

·
Registered
776 Posts
The budget thing is an issue as $3000 is not a lot to spend on any car - let alone a CR-V !! It's sorta like shopping for a new home - the more homes you look at (and take notes), the more comfortable you become when you find the "right" home/car. I'd find a good Indy mechanic and hire him to check it over as best he can - in this situation, I think it's money well spent ! Good luck. Craig

1 - 3 of 3 Posts