Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster. I’m buying my mother’s 2014 EX-L FWD with 72K miles for my daughter who’ll be 16 in a few months. I had a 2002 CRV for about 8 years and loved it. Since I know the owner I know she’s had all the service done at the dealer and has taken descent care of it. For the 2014 anything specific I need to look out for? I’m in Ohio and she’s in NC so I can’t easily give it a once over. I’ll have my local service person go over it but I wanted to get ahead of anything now.
  • I see the VTC actuator issue is present in this model. I had to get it fixed on my Acura but it was never really resolved. She said she’s never heard the noise. But I don’t always trust her hearing :)
  • Did this generation suffer from the AC compressor problem of the earlier models?
  • I don’t believe she’s had the transmission fluid or coolant changed which I’ll do as soon as I get it
Thanks

·
Registered
2022 CRV EX FWD 2013 CRV EX FWD
3,011 Posts
You're buying a great vehicle. I have a 2013 EX that was bought brand new and currently has 86k miles. Yes I have the VTC actuator grind from time to time but it has caused no harm to my vehicle. I don't recall any A/C compressor issues with this generation either. All I have done is regular maintenance, tires, battery, and brakes/rotors. I'm about to replace the serpentine belt tomorrow. It's been a fantastic vehicle and I recommend it to everyone.

·
Registered
522 Posts
We have a 2014 CRV AWD with 40,000 driven miles on her, and about 10,000 miles being towed behind the motorhome (when the brakes on the motorhome go on, the brakes in the Honda go on proportionally). So far, besides windshield wipers and one battery, I haven't had t do anything. I checked the brakes the other day when rotating the tires and they were still in great shape.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts