Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I would appreciate your opinion. My 2012 CRV EX lease ends at the end of March. I have 48k kms/30k miles on it and it is in top condition. I am thinking of buying it out or else leasing a 2016 CRV SE. Buyout will cost $16,000 CAD, leasing the 2016 would be about $260 per month, over 4 years. What would you do?

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
^^^^What he said.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I would buy a 2012 with 30k miles for $16k, but you won't find one at that price on any dealer lot. See if the dealer will throw in fluid changes or something else to close the deal.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Buy the 2012 ... it will last you for a long time and you will not have monthly car payments for the next 8 -10 yrs.
if you like to drive new cars every 3-4 years then leasing is the way to go.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I totally agree with the guys - if you take stock in what Consumer Reports says, the 2012/13 have excellent reliability with it declining every year since !! What better way to buy a used car - you know all a guy could know about the car !! Enjoy it. Craig

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all of you for your comments, I really appreciated your input. I followed your advice and bought the 2012 CRV at the end of the lease in April. Looking forward to many years with no monthly car payments!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Thanks to all of you for your comments, I really appreciated your input. I followed your advice and bought the 2012 CRV at the end of the lease in April. Looking forward to many years with no monthly car payments!
I think you made the right decision to buy the car rather than continuing to drive a rental car. I want to own what I drive. You would have been very pleased with a 2016. Mine is very smooth, peppy and more economical than the older ones. The CVT transmission is the slickest one you will find and you don't notice it in normal driving (it even fakes shifts).

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. You know what you were getting since you already had the '12, so that's a plus over buying used. Enjoy your V!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts