Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else notice a slight buzzing, vibration noise in their dash during idle and in drive?
It disappears as soon as I accelerate. Driving me crazy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I feel the vibration @idle but I don't have anything loose in the dashboard area, so no I don't hear anything like you are. I've heard people many decades ago putting talcum powder in joints around the dashboard to stop squeaks, probably not accessible for your issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had this exact problem. I only got a couple of bits of info, something about over crimped heater lines vibrating through the firewall carrying into the dash. Take it to the dealer there is a tsb for it. The dealer had my car for a couple of days while they had some techs fly in. They had mine and one just off the delivery truck to work on. This was Honda of Bellevue in WA state.

·
Registered
188 Posts
One of the very few advantages of old age is not hearing minor noises.

So my CR-V is the quietest Honda I have ever owned. Only sound I hear that others are reporting is the parking brakes setting after shut down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have this problem as well. Buzzing sound like it's coming from behind dashboard when tach shows around 1000 rpms. Goes away at anything below or above that. Any more info on the tsb that I can use when going to the dealer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have this problem as well. Buzzing sound like it's coming from behind dashboard when tach shows around 1000 rpms. Goes away at anything below or above that. Any more info on the tsb that I can use when going to the dealer?
I don't have more info but the service guy said it was a new tsb as of about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes I noticed that in mine too. I noticed it after reading a post on here about other owners hearing a noise while at a stop light. I can't seem to find it now but the responses in THAT post seemed to point to the injectors. The noise you're describing...and that I've heard in mine...reminds of when I worked for a Honda dealer in the mid 90s. There was a felt kit we'd keep in stock to take care of the sound, they were installed under a warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have this exact problem also at 1000 rpms. I love my new car but to be honest this rattle is loud and quite annoying. I also started noticing another noise which seems to be coming form the glove box area but I can't find what it is. I only have few pieces of paper in the glove box. It usually happens when I am on the freeway when the road is not so smooth. Pretty annoying as well.

We have 2012 Civic that is a lot more quiet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got mine fixed last week, the service guy said the rattle sound is coming from the heater core line inside the dashboard, they installed foam and the rattle is gone. It took around 2 hours to fix it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Got mine fixed today. They said it was a loose heater box bracket that they removed, insulated and reinstalled after talking with Honda. Buzzing sound is gone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I took it in to my dealership yesterday and at the end of the day they did verify the noise was existent, but their remedy was that they readjusted my glove box compartment and was found to have gone away. Tested it out today and it seems to be either faint or have gone away very happy so far!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have squeaking sounds at idle, seems like coming from engine compartment, belt? but when I opened the hood couldn't hear any. Not sure if you are all talking about the same thing. Is this normal?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I made a post about this a little while back. A very pronounced buzz from the center dash under hard acceleration. It was during a test drive. I test drove two CRVs, one buzzed, the other didnt. The heater core line seems a likely culprit. I'm taking delivery of an EX-L in a week or two. I'll keep an ear out for the buzz.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts