Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unloaded my 2017 EX today. It's someone else's problem now.

The dealership gave me a solid amount on the trade-in. The salesperson told me that, since Honda's position is that the oil dilution I was experiencing was normal, they will price my trade-in as if there was no defect.

Came down to a choice between a 2016 EX or EX-L or a new 2019 LX. The way the numbers worked out, the difference in payment would have been around $50 between a used 2016 and the new 2019. I wasn't planning on buying new, but it just made more sense. After three years we wind up with a car that is three years newer (2019 vs. 2016) and with a lot fewer miles, and we're only out an additional $1,800. We can do without the bells and whistles that come with an EX or EX-L. Hell, we just drove to Wichita and back in our 2010 Pilot... and lived to tell about it.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Congrats on dumping your gas diluter.
I am on my way to getting rid of mine too. This is my first post on this forum and once I get past a few more hurdles, I will write about it.

For me, my 'repaired- AKA the fix' 2018 CRV has an ever increasing level on the dip stick. My vehicle has 7,000 miles on it now. I'm not going to keep changing the oil other than the recommended change interval. The dealer did a courtesy change for me about 1000 miles ago and as of today the level is almost 3/4" above the max fill line. It goes up about a 1/8" a week. I have a ticket in with Honda asking them how high I should let it go. I expect to have that answer this week.

-Diluted

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
So you bought used and some one eleses problems to? anyways good for you and hope you are happy, bottom line the 16 is by far the better

·
Registered
653 Posts
Amazing how much bigger the cabin feels in the LX -- without the sunroof. Let us know if you consciously "miss" the electronic safety features from the EX.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hope this works out for you.
I have a 2017 and haven't noticed , in your face, dilution symptoms. Have had some smaller issues-sensors. Psychologically I don't feel confident in my newer Honda-not like the old days. 'Waiting for the other shoe to drop' is not good. I think I will wait for the 2020 CRV for the trade in. Or go to a Toyota RAV-depending.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts