Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie, 2016 CR-V EXL AWD. I changed my cabin air filter after one year (10K) and the old one is white as snow. Installed correct replacement correctly. My 2003 Jaguar filter driven the same miles over the same roads is pretty dirty. I can smell ambiet changes to air quality. Any ideas on why this is?

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L AWD
541 Posts
I change mine once a year as it gets dirty fast with dust, seeds, leaves etc. Is it possible someone changed it for you, brought it in for service recently? Our fans are on pretty much year round so it is filtering constantly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I change mine once a year as it gets dirty fast with dust, seeds, leaves etc. Is it possible someone changed it for you, brought it in for service recently? Our fans are on pretty much year round so it is filtering constantly.
No, the two cars are used the same, perhaps 50% recirculated air, I know it's the filter I installed, because I date the installation date on the filter. Thanks. In retrospect, I know where the intake plenum for the Jaguar is, I will look at the CR-V to see if it comes from a cleaner source. The Jag is below the windshield wipers.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,572 Posts
No, the two cars are used the same, perhaps 50% recirculated air, I know it's the filter I installed, because I date the installation date on the filter. Thanks. In retrospect, I know where the intake plenum for the Jaguar is, I will look at the CR-V to see if it comes from a cleaner source. The Jag is below the windshield wipers.
The CRV pulls the air from below the wipers via the cowling on the passenger side. However the air has to first travel from the exterior vent on the driver side cowling then over to the passenger side blower intake.

·
Premium Member
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
1,206 Posts
A lot of cars have the intake vent exposed where you can see it. I don't know about your CR-V, but on my older one, the intake vent is actually covered by the rear edge of the hood. That doesn't stop pine needles from getting in it 😒, but I can imagine that keeping a fair amount of dirt out.

TBH it actually does keep most of the pine needles away from the vent inlet. Pine needles just seem to get into every single crevice somehow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts