Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Registered
Hard for anyone to help you since different yrs have different procedures on changing that filter.
Google and youtube.com can be helpful.
Buffalo4
PS: If you put your yr and model and mileage in your sig, it would be helpful.
Whoops, didn't see the '18 CRV in your post.
Here is a youtube vid for a 2018 CRV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eWV_ruumCk
May be other ones, but the whole operation should be well under 10 min and, if the glove box is empty, perhaps only a minute or two if you don't vacuum out the area that the filter goes into.
Buffalo4

Everything in Moderation
You won't find [Cabin Filter replacement directions] in your manual.
He's right -
I just looked in the 600 page owner's manual for our daughter's 2019 HR-V...while they tell you to replace the "Dust and Pollen Filter" when the maintenance minder says to, they don't tell you how. :mad: Luckily, there is a youTube Vid showing a seven-year-old changing one, so I should be able to handle it.馃ゴ

On that car, the MM says to change the cabin filter at the same time as the engine air filter. (Guessing ~ 30K miles)

Registered
I bought some denso engine air filters for my crv & ridgeline -they appear to be almost exactly like oem except media is slightly different color-likely denso makes the oem filter-anyway they were less than 1/2 the cost of oem -thats hondas markup i guess

21 - 26 of 26 Posts