Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabin Filter Change

5K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Coldhonda 
#1 ·

2018 CRV EX-L, 30K miles, almost two years old...good reason to check you cabin filter once in a while!

See less See more
#6 ·
I take it you have bird-feeders nearby and they are filled with Black Oil Sunflower Seed? If it's your feeder, I suggest switching over to a "no mess" or "patio" blend that consists of just the kernels. It's more per pound, but of course there's more bird nutrition in that pound.

#20 ·
I believe it depends on where you live and the driving conditions that warrant a cabin filter change. Found that my cabin filter is much less dirty in Florida vs. Pennsylvania.

#21 ·
Absolutely true; cabin air filters have nothing to do with mileage but what kind of environment you run it in. If you drive on dusty roads, it'll get dirty sooner; if you park under trees with very tiny leaflets that fall into your cowl by the wipers, it'll get dirty very quickly. I've checked our filters every year and change them about every 2 or 3 years. We live in an area where nothing but pavement and no real dust bowls around and I don't park underneath trees that shed tiny leaves.

#22 ·
I park my CRV in the garage and Accord in the driveway. The Accord is driven a bit more but it's cabin filter is much dirtier than the CRV. I change them every six months. Probably could go a bit longer on the CRV but I buy in bulk from Rockauto so the cost is around $7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.