Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I Just changed my Filter - it was the first time that it was ever done - after 12 years I figured it was time... :confused:

45 minutes from start to finish, and if it were not for this thread I would have been totally lost - Thanks All! :D

BTW - my local dealler was willing to charge me $50.00 + tax to install the filter that he was going to sell me for $35.00 + tax.

I'm feeling quite happy about the entire event! :cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks, changed it today. I only have one clip as previous owner might have broke one and did not replace. Pretty easy once you have the glove box down.

Good thread to get newbies started.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
On my first gen they were easy to remove. First time I used a screwdriver to pry them out (I just wanted a peek behind it before I started taking everything apart). When I actually changed my filter, I just popped them out by hand. On mine you could look at the side outside the glovebox and see where they were snapped in. Not sure how the gen 2 gloveboxes work.
Not in my world when I changed the 2000 CRV cabin air filter for it's first time.
Sure you weren't smok'in something? :eek:
Buffalo4
PS: Old post, but don't think it is really that easy. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
On the '08 it is a 5 minute job. Even if you are in a wheel chair like me.

It probably is behind the main glove compartment door. You move over a couple off hook on the door and disconnect the mechanism that limits how far it drops, slowly. Then the door swings all the way down and out of the way. Exposing the filter which is behind a flat cover that is sort off right gbelow the lower windsheild. When the opening created by the glove compartment door swinging all the way exposes everything behind the door.. Much easier to explain with pictures.

I believe there are instructions on how to do it step by step on this site. Do a search.

-Rg
Dear bro Radar;
I already screw it off but don't see the flat cover ac filter why? Or it because of it Taiwan car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
On the '08 it is a 5 minute job. Even if you are in a wheel chair like me.

It probably is behind the main glove compartment door. You move over a couple off hook on the door and disconnect the mechanism that limits how far it drops, slowly. Then the door swings all the way down and out of the way. Exposing the filter which is behind a flat cover that is sort off right gbelow the lower windsheild. When the opening created by the glove compartment door swinging all the way exposes everything behind the door.. Much easier to explain with pictures.

I believe there are instructions on how to do it step by step on this site. Do a search.

-Rg
Dear bro
I already screw it but don't see flat cover Ac filter so how could I change the filter?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've screw the main glove but don't see the flat cover AC filter I I've searched videos over YouTube all they have AC cover filter but ..... don't have what wrong? how could I replace the filter?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts