Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is proper arrow direction for replacement,Some non oem products have conflicting directions.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CR-V EX-L Lunar Silver
137 Posts
Look at the arrow on the one you take out. Put the new one in with the arrow pointing the same way. On mine the arrow points down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Disagree. OEM airfilter is of poor quality (IMHO). I like the FRAM w/ Arm&Hammer. Cleans the air, keeps out the pollen (i have allergies) and generally does a better job. Again, YMMV but i've used them for years and love em. Hold the OEM and the FRAM together and you'll see what im talking about.

·
Registered
67 Posts
What is proper arrow direction for replacement,Some non oem products have conflicting directions.
Hello Joepan, on my 2008 CRV 4WD the arrow points down toward the floor. Just make sure on your replacement filter the arrow is pointing in the same direction. Its usually printed on the paper filter material itself. If using a reusable K&N filter, I don't think all K&N filters have an arrow or direction stamped into the rubber but one way it fits nice and solid into the cabin air filter tray (correct way) and if you have it upside down (incorrect way), the filter will have a lot of flex in it. I'm attaching a photo that shows the air flow direction as it is printed on the cabin air filter door. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L AWD
424 Posts
Arrow points down in the oem filter. Meaning air flows downward. Be careful with third party arrows. I have seen ones that said "this side up" with arrow pointing up instead. But most shows arrow as flow direction.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts