Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticing that cabin noise is little bit more compared to other cars. Compared with a pilot of my friend and crv noise is significantly higher . Noise when accelerating is more bothering for me. Tried pressing gas pedal while in park and didnt add much noise. Is this just my car or in general for crv; this is my first crv. What do you guys feel about noise in your crv. Please help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's all relative. Coming from a 2003 Toyota Corolla, I find my 2017 CR-V to be whisper quiet. Comparing it to a larger, more expensive vehicle is not an adequate comparison.

I test drove the Escape, CX-3, Mazda3, RAV4 and 2016 MX-5 and found it to be very quiet in comparison, especially on back roads. I have not installed winter tires yet.

Cabin noise while idle is practically non-existent. This vehicle accelerates quietly as well. I plan to go on a road trip from Toronto to Miami in March so I will probably have a better estimate then :) enjoy your new car

·
Registered
275 Posts
Noise is going to be very much dependent on tire and road surface combination as well. Personally, I think for the class the '17 CR-V is surprisingly quiet.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I test drove the Escape, CX-3, Mazda3, RAV4 and 2016 MX-5 and found it to be very quiet in comparison, especially on back roads. I have not installed winter tires yet.

Cabin noise while idle is practically non-existent. This vehicle accelerates quietly as well. I plan to go on a road trip from Toronto to Miami in March so I will probably have a better estimate then :) enjoy your new car
Top down or top up? Hahaha, not a very fair comparison. I had two Miatas and still miss them, especially my 96 with the aftermarket exhaust. My friends could hear me coming from a block away :)

Coming from a VW Jetta Sportwagen, the CR-V is like a luxury car. It is so much quieter.

As for noise under acceleration, not sure if the OP is referring to normal acceleration or hard acceleration. For me, the car is pretty quiet under normal acceleration in city driving. If I stomp on it to pass on the freeway, rev goes up and noise will go up. Pretty common and expected. I actually like it. Is the OP hearing the engine revs go up or some other type of noise? The CR-V has active noise cancellation. It's possible that may not be working.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Top down or top up? Hahaha, not a very fair comparison. I had two Miatas and still miss them, especially my 96 with the aftermarket exhaust. My friends could hear me coming from a block away :)

Coming from a VW Jetta Sportwagen, the CR-V is like a luxury car. It is so much quieter.

As for noise under acceleration, not sure if the OP is referring to normal acceleration or hard acceleration. For me, the car is pretty quiet under normal acceleration in city driving. If I stomp on it to pass on the freeway, rev goes up and noise will go up. Pretty common and expected. I actually like it. Is the OP hearing the engine revs go up or some other type of noise? The CR-V has active noise cancellation. It's possible that may not be working.
Thank you for the response. That helps.. My car (EXL) noise is all normal level at idle.. Even if I press accelerator pedal in park, it generates normal noise.. But when during normal acceleration while running , it creates more noise (kind of comparable to my friend's 12 year old camry) .. It is not road noise because as soon as I take leg off pedal, noise reduces.. What do you suggest..

·
Registered
44 Posts
My wife's 2015 LX is significantly more quiet than my '12 Si coupe. I agree with what others have said that tires and road surface play the biggest role in how loud your car is. If you notice a very significant change when you release the gas pedal then it does sound induction related. Have you popped the hood open to check that your intake filter cover is secure or to check out any other potential problems? Maybe the small displacement turbo is just a bit noisier than the 2.4.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It's loud and terribly designed for road noise. My guess is that it's done on purpose to give you reason to buy up.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mike, check your tire pressure. Honda's are shipped with about 40 psi tire pressure and somethings the pressures are not reduced during the PDI.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does that "active noise cancellation" seem to work to reduce noise? In fact, is it possible to tell that it's doing anything at all? It would be interesting to be able to turn it off and on while cruising on the highway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts