Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WAKE THE HECK UP NORTHERN CALIFORNIA!!! If anyone on these forums lives remotely near Northern California you better speak up. SoCal gets to ahve an awesome meet, and what do we have? Nothing. So Get your mountain fairing-boat driving, slope skiing buts on here, and let me know you're alive.

If you guys are good and awake, I'll call up a meet at the Arco arena lot or Fairgrounds ave. NOW WAKE UP!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Okay! I'm speaking up, I'm in No Cal, east bay. I've found a great person to do car bras, and a wonderful body shop, should anybody need some assistance finding those.

And I found what service center NOT to go to, just in case you need that info too....cough cough....Fairfield....cough cough.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really, the one in Fairfield is that bad? The one in Vallejo just wants you to pay for everything. If the mechanic or tech so much as touch the door handle, they want a $50 "touching fee" so to speak.:mad:

The one in Fairfield looks nice, and they have leather couches and wifi... but never had anything serviced there.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm central cali but keep me updated. Sometimes I may be up in the bay area so just let me know so I will drive the V up instead of the GX or 4Runner lol :p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Serj, the buying experience at Fairfield was great, the service has not been great. I'm really mad about how they handled this scratch they put in my car. I don't trust them to handle my car anymore. I know stuff can happen, but for him to say to me, "I'm not saying we did it but I'm going to offer you a loaner car and have our auto body guy repaint it," why not just say, "SORRY, we'll fix it?"

I'll probably end up going to Walnut Creek or Dublin. Unless I can find a non dealer person who can do all the service work so I don't void the warranty, which would be fine too. It just needs oil changes for the first 100,000, right?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the dealer is supposed to handle the oil changes for warranty, but I'm not sure, I've never had them do it, they always want about $20 more than anyone else, and do the same thing, except other places vacuum out my car, rotate the tires, and clean the windows while the oil change is in progress. Honda charges extra for all that.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Maintenance At The Dealer Is Not Required For Warranty

From Page 277 & 278 of the 2009 Owners Manual:

Your authorized Honda dealer
knows your vehicle best and can
provide competent, efficient service.

However, service at a dealer is not
mandatory to keep your warranties
in effect. Maintenance may be done
by any qualified service facility or
person who is skilled in this type of
automotive service. Make sure to
have the service facility or person
reset the display as previously
described. Keep all receipts as proof
of completion, and have the person
who does the work fill out your
Honda Service History or Canadian
Maintenance Log. Check your
warranty booklet for more
information.

We recommend using Honda parts
and fluids whenever you have
maintenance done. These are
manufactured to the same high
quality standards as the original
components, so you can be confident
of their performance and durability.

US Vehicles: Maintenance,
replacement, or repair of
emissions control devices and
systems may be done by any
automotive repair establishment
or individual using parts that are
‘‘certified’’ to EPA standards.

According to state and federal
regulations, failure to perform
maintenance on the items marked
with will not void your emissions
warranties. However, all
maintenance services should be
performed in accordance with the
intervals indicated by the
information display.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
However, service at a dealer is not
mandatory to keep your warranties
in effect. Maintenance may be done
by any qualified service facility or
person who is skilled in this type of
automotive service. Make sure to
have the service facility or person
reset the display as previously
described. Keep all receipts as proof
of completion, and have the person
who does the work fill out your
Honda Service History or Canadian
Maintenance Log. Check your
warranty booklet for more
information.
As we like to say over here: BOOYA!

As for fluids... I can't immagine Honda makes a special oil... for well... oil, so you can get it done anywhere WHICH YOU SHOULD>

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Honda Distributes Oil But...

Honda distributes oil, but it is nothing fancy--just out of the ground standard motor oil-albeit good quality. There were some threads discussing who made it etc.

Motor oil is the only fluid (other than gasoline and windshield washer fluid) that Honda does not insist on it being Honda branded to protect your warranty--at least on the gen 3s.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Honda gasoline would be an interesting product... catering to people who worry that everything must come from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Honda distributes oil, but it is nothing fancy--just out of the ground standard motor oil-albeit good quality. There were some threads discussing who made it etc.
I though it was fancy. Dosen't it come in a special bottle I think I have seen it.

Honda gasoline would be an interesting product... catering to people who worry that everything must come from the dealer.
Thats been my idea. Honda could build their oun hydrogen stations so people have to go to them to fill up their cars. But it takes money to make money
Then they could sell the FCX more freely instead of a three year no option lease at $600.00 a month.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Walnut Creek's about 15 minutes away, so far we're getting a good coolective here. Let's keep this up till we got a full members list then we'll track down some people at the Ridgeline Owners Club and The Element Owners Club and see if there's some people local here as well.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Do you think that I should just borrow some people from school. We may end up with 50 people or so. Although I am very busy this summer.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts