Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Not-a-Mechanic
2011 CR-V 4WD EX
526 Posts
Rockauto sells a couple kits for my car, it's just a boot and a piston seal. Can not attest to quality

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rockauto sells a couple kits for my car, it's just a boot and a piston seal. Can not attest to quality
thats my worry
It's not worth a rebuild with poor or questionable quality, I'd just get rebuilt ones and safe the effort
besides I assume the bolts are pitted and don't want to take them apart and then have to place another order.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What year is your car? Years of New England winters, you maybe better off replacing with good after markets like a Raybestos or Delco. If the original has any rust, you may get leaks after installing new seals.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point. It's a 2005
Even on the worst calipers I've seen the bolts get pitted but the seals protect the channel itself so it can be rebuilt. I do most of the maint myself and would never push a bolt back in that was not clean and free from pits.
Or I could get rebuilt OE, likely better quality but they may not have been as careful as me
Or I could do as you say and get a brand new aftermarket.

that may be the best option. thanks

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I've installed rebuilt calipers on several different vehicles and I have never had a problem with any of them. I've also rebuilt several myself with no issues but only when I could not find a rebuilt one at a good price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts