Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calling all tall CRV 5th gen owners!

4K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  mrtn 
#1 ·
I have the touring 2019 crv and I'm looking for ways (tricks) that tall owners get comfortable in their seats while driving. Thanks

#4 ·
The gen5 CRV platform is among the roomiest in the compact SUV class.

Since you have a Touring trim level... make extensive use of that drivers 12 way powerseat Honda makes standard in the EX-L and Touring. Seriously... spend a good 30 minutes or so.. adjusting, test driving, readjusting.. until you find your personal sweet spot, then lock it into the vehicles programming via the drivers door buttons. It should serve well for anyone 6'5" and under, once you find your personal sweet spot in the powerseat setting and program it into your vehicle for your particular keyfob.

For taller than 6'5"... I really think a compact SUV is simply not the right answer for such a tall driver.

Totally different deal with say the current generation Accord or Civic. The Accord still accomadates a tall driver pretty well.. once you are in the seat.. but it is the getting in and out of the vehicle that is the true challenge. Which is why in the Accords with powerseats .. the seat automatically moves fully backward when you open the door.... and then returns to the setting programmed to your keyfob when you close the door. A novel way for Honda to address the low profile seating in the new Accord, and I imagine in the Civic as well.

#6 ·
6'4" and my right knee gets kinda sore after a while from leaning against the corner of the under dash center console thing.

Otherwise I keep the seat all the way back and down and reclined a bit, and steering column all the way up and forward.

It's alright except for my knee.

The passenger seat has far less room.

#11 ·
6'4" and my right knee gets kinda sore after a while from leaning against the corner of the under dash center console thing.

Otherwise I keep the seat all the way back and down and reclined a bit, and steering column all the way up and forward.

It's alright except for my knee.

The passenger seat has far less room.
6'4 270 with same knee issue. Agree on passenger room, but it still has "enough" room for me when swapping drivers on large trips. Very good range in cockpit as girlfriend is 5'2 without major issues with the seat either. Making extensive use of the cruise control for me solves the knee issue. Wish the mirrors auto-adjusted though...

#7 ·
I have the Touring 2017 5th gen CR-V and I am 6'3". With the seat at maximum back, and maximum low, plus moving my rear deep into the crevis between seat and back I am comfortable. What I need for long trips is a cushion between my left leg and the door for comfort. For drives longer then five hours I deploy inflatable lumbar support to add variation.

#10 ·
Am 6’2” and 300lb+ and find the seat position in my 2018 Touring just fine with it fully lowered and all the way back— what I find is the problem for me is entering the driver’s door-my head continually scrapes the top of the door opening— had a similar problem with my 2011 EX-L but not nearly as bad as with my 2018. Guess I don’t flex too well in the middle to have my head low enough to avoid hitting the top of the door opening plus the newer cars all seem to be getting lower-am surprised some of the taller contributors to this thread don’t have this problem—on a positive note, I don’t have this problem getting in the front passenger seat

#13 ·
6’5” and 270 here with bodybuilder build (for comparison sake) meaning broad chest, big quads and smaller waist. I fit great even with the sunroof. Bought this for my daughter who will start driving next month and she is 5’7” and fits great too. We bought this because of how roomy and versatile it was for all of our body shapes/sizes. There is even plenty of room behind me for rear passengers. Almost as much as our newer Honda Pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.