Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear door power window motor failed blowing the fuse and overheating the master powered windows switch bank. Is there a way to manually close the window such as removing the panel and turning a shaft? The car is a 2004 CRV so its not worth spending $700 to repair it. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think the issue is that it's not just the regulator but that the main switch by the driver's door fried as well. I've never changed that, but have changed the regulators before and I seem to remember that it wasn't easy to force the window up... Not any easier than just pulling it through the door.

To look for the main switch, it looks like that's a fifty dollar part.. Seven hundred should get all 4 regulators, a new main switch and a nice dinner.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
If you pull that rear panel off to get access to the motor, you could probably disconnect the wires and cautiously feed the motor 12v directly (with an inline fuse, I suppose for protection) to see if the motor will raise that window. If that works, then you know that the motor is probably good and the problem is elsewhere,such as a shorted wire.
Buffalo4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts