Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, what would be the best value for money code reader for trouble shooting?

My car is a 2009 I ctdi CRV

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello,
I have a Autel diagnostic tool Cost around £30 – It’s not the dearest model on the market, but is capable of clearing fault codes / lights. It has its limitations. E.g. not capable of rewriting.

Kev

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. Just want to scan the car without having to pay the dealers every time. Possibly scan the different controllers like engine and airbags and be able to read and clear codes.

Do I need it to reset the service light as I just done the service today?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Okay now I know which side of the road you drive on, I can answer your question regarding resetting the service light – Unless you have requested the service light to be turned on in your CRV you will not be required to reset it. Can’t lay my hands to it at present, but if you do have the service light system activated there is a quick way of resetting it …… Let me try and find the information.
Air bags will require another / specific diagnostic tool.

BTW Which part of the Westmids do you live?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks UK-kev. I live near Stourbridge.

I want to be able to learn what I can about the I-ctdi plus try and keep it going without paying the dealer too much money.

A scanner is a must but are there any real time tools that can measure sensors on the car as you drive?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I will look into the autel, not bad if I can get it for about 30 pounds. Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts