Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CRV AWD
893 Posts
Previous owner must have had their reasons
Such as they were accessing the crank bolt very often
and did not want to constantly take off those clips
IMHO, It don't look right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Previous owner must have had their reasons
Such as they were accessing the crank bolt very often
and did not want to constantly take off those clips
IMHO, It don't look right.
As in aesthetically or as in you'd be concerned there's an issue

·
Registered
327 Posts
It normally has four / five slots cut into the plastic where you could put a socket and extension bar for turning the engine over / un-doing the bolt – Previous owner has only cut away the slots.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CRV EX 2.4l AT
442 Posts
Agree with UK-Kev, slots are originally put there so that you can put a socket on an extension through it and turn then engine over, such as for a valve adjustment. The problem with the slots is that when you try to pull the socket and extension out, the slots are pretty stiff and it usually pulls your socket off the extension, dropping the socket to a random place you can’t reach. I’ll use a locking extension to prevent that from happening, but cutting the slots out seems like a well thought out upgrade. Whomever does your next valve adjustment will appreciate it.

Reactions: UK-Kev and udraft

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Yep--there were originally slots there to access the crank pulley without having to remove the fender liner. I'd prefer having them intact, but I doubt anything bad would happen. It just looks bad, mainly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts