Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can it be done and if yes how?
I am trying to Mod the fog lights so they do NOT shut off when you turn on the high beams.. I live in the middle of nowhere with no street lights and I could really use the extra light down low when I turn on the high beams. Does anyone know if there is a relay somewhere that controls this off function when the high beams are on? Or is it done some other way it is controlled? I know I could hard wire in a new relay and just use the driving light as the trigger BUT don’t really want to take the front bumper off.. I just upgraded the bulbs in the Fog light and that drive side was a real pain in the ass..
I am a 3 week old CRV owner and I really like it all except for the headlights/Fog! It is a 2014 CRV EXL AWD with Navi.
Thanks everyone in advance for your help!
Jamie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am confused 71 CRV owners and no, notta, nothing, no advice! Not even a wild-goose chase?

Are there no wiring guru's here?

Any help is still appreciated!

Take care,

Jamie

·
Registered
1,890 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I was one of the 70 plus that looked at it but didnt response as I dont know how to do it on your model. Ive done this to both my 1st & 2nd gen V's and my 5th gen Prelude. I did all mine so I could use them with just the parking lamps as well.

·
Registered
704 Posts
This *should* be a pretty straight forward modification if you are comfortable with a DMM and a Diode.

First, you need to remove the top and bottom shroud of the steering column.
There are instructions on this here -> http://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/Install/2014_CRV_RemoteEngineStarter_AII50024.pdf

The light switch uses negative switching logic (each function is grounded in order to turn it "on"). You will need to use a DMM to find the high-beam logic wire and the fog light logic wire.

If you connect a diode with anode to the fog logic and cathode to the high-beam logic wire, then the fog lights will come on when high-beams are on. I would use a 1N4004 diode or equivalent.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Additional info for 12-pin light switch discussed above (all are negative/grounded logic):
The Headlight logic wire is the white wire on pin 7.
Parking light is blue wire on pin 8.
The "Auto" position is orange wire on pin 1.

I do not have the wire colors and pins for high-beam and fog but they should be easy to find with a DMM and the info above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.