Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I stand in front of the car and shake it left right, the front moves sideways back and forth. I think it should be tight, right?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm guessing you mean 160,000 miles. You should not be able to shake your car the way you're describing. You should get the car up on a lift and have a qualified mechanic check out your front suspension. It would have to be badly worn to be able to shake it like you describe.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup 160 k miles. This all started a year ago when my son got a diver license and drove it like a race car and hit a lot of bumps and speeding. Before this it ran really nice. But now the car vibrates. Half of my vibration is gone by changing shocks upper arms and axle and removing driveshaft. The upper arms bushings were thrashed like crap. I replaced with new upper arms. I bet that my lower control arms are thrashed too. So I am going to do a complete change of suspension bushing next week. That should fix her. I will keep you updated. Last time I got my son a phone he completely broke it, screen and everything. Also the car suspension is still the original one that came with the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts