Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has already been addressed for other model years, but I would really appreciate it if someone could confirm that the side (door) mirrors on my 2017 EX (not EX-L) can be manually folded in. I've tried and failed, and I don't want to push harder without hearing from someone who has actually done it. The only mention in the owner's manual (the mirrors should be folded in before going through an automated car wash) doesn't satisfy me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know this has already been addressed for other model years, but I would really appreciate it if someone could confirm that the side (door) mirrors on my 2017 EX (not EX-L) can be manually folded in. I've tried and failed, and I don't want to push harder without hearing from someone who has actually done it. The only mention in the owner's manual (the mirrors should be folded in before going through an automated car wash) doesn't satisfy me. Thanks in advance.
According to the manual they all fold in. Mine is a Touring but it's been many years since mirrors didn't fold in on vehicles. I guess You would still like someone with an EX to verify though. Just give it an extra push. FYI they fold both front and back as a safety breakaway.

IMG_3162.jpg

Pg 597 of full manual
Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 7.09.46 PM.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this so feel free to tell me if I going about things the wrong way. Not to rehash the question too many times, I just got a new 2017 Honda CRV Touring. Do the mirrors have an electric folding control? If they don't fold electrically, do they fold manually and in which direction? Sorry but I just can't find this info in the tiny, washed out print of the cheaply produced Honda manual.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this so feel free to tell me if I going about things the wrong way. Not to rehash the question too many times, I just got a new 2017 Honda CRV Touring. Do the mirrors have an electric folding control? If they don't fold electrically, do they fold manually and in which direction? Sorry but I just can't find this info in the tiny, washed out print of the cheaply produced Honda manual.
Just wondering if you saw the photo a few post above yours?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hello everyone,
If you got a touring model you would know by now since it would have a switch/button in the car to automatically fold them. However it doesn't. You have to do it manually.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes thank you, I did. But it didn't seem to clearly answer my question. I have a new 2017 CRV Touring and am used to power folding mirrors on other late model cars I've owned. What I was hoping to find out is: do I just lower the window and fold the mirror back and then walk around to the passenger's side and do the same, or is there a control to do it electrically? I always worry about damaging something that was not meant to fold!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello everyone,
No manual only for the US at least. I saw some videos of Asian release that have motorized fold upon park. And they offer vtec on the 1.5 turbo ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
They do fold very easily. Just lift up a tiny bit as you push them in. There's a good video that works for crv models as well as civics if you do a search for Honda folding mirrors. I just watched it and then went out and was easily able to fold my mirrors on my new CRV. Before that, I could not get them to budge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts