Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday, at camp site,some kid(s) think they need to learn how to write number. Anybody can give me advice how to fix this? Thanks :)
20151018_081510.jpg 20151018_081516.jpg 20151018_081521.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they used rocks... i don't think it's just surface,because after i clean it up i can still see it,especially under the sun...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
You can use polishing compound just be very gentle & carefully read the instructions. After you use the polishing compound be sure you wash the paint thoroughly. Then apply high quality wax then let it sit if possible overnight. Then wipe it off. If you can see bare metal be sure you touch it up with the proper touch up paint ASAP. Let us know.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure i will take a picture after i wash it thoroughly later on.. Thanks Otto88man... which polishing compound is the best for this kind of situation?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again otto.. You're the man ;)
Do you think this kind of "accident" can be claimed through insurance? just wondering...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
You're welcome! Not sure about the insurance. Ask around just be very careful as check with many people you know. As if you claim this to insurance be sure that your rates won't go up for the next few years. As I know a lot of insurance companies are not the most honest. They are sneaky they say that your insurance rates won't increase but as time goes by they will increase it slowly to recuperate from what they paid you for claiming something. Even if its not your fault.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
How to fix, kill the parents for not teaching their children respect of others property.

Id file a police report and let the kids parents home owners insurance take care of it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@honda4life and Apdluu : I do not know which kids did that so i can't kill the parents. plus if i kill the parents, my police report won't look good on me :D
To file a police report,i will have to drive 2 hours away to the camping site..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Otto88man,i drove the car to get estimation at body shop this morning. They said maybe they can try to buff it off,and the estimation is $460:rolleyes: since the scratch start from the driver fender going all the way to rear passenger door.. here is the pics after clean up...
20151019_153302.jpg
20151019_123606.jpg
20151019_123619.jpg
20151019_153214.jpg
20151019_153231.jpg

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
And after you pay 460 alot if.not most will be there I bet and you will pay more for them to paint it.

In the end, I bet it needs painted.

Id call the police there. The internet is a great thing and you seem to have plenty of pictures you can send them for the report.

Or just pay for it all out of pocket. That way deductables wont go up.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Otto88man,i drove the car to get estimation at body shop this morning. They said maybe they can try to buff it off,and the estimation is $460:rolleyes: since the scratch start from the driver fender going all the way to rear passenger door.. here is the pics after clean up...
View attachment 52402
View attachment 52410
View attachment 52418
View attachment 52426
View attachment 52434
It looks like it can be buffed out. After they successfully buff it out, I would suggest to wax it to protect the paint.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great news.
Me and my friend try to buff it out with rubbing compounds,and it works great.. Still can see the scratch if i look at it very closely,but other than that it's great....Thanks for the advise everyone...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I detail cars and I can tell you if you can run your nail along it and it drops into the scratch its never gonna come out it needs painted otherwise if it doesn't you could use the process on it. Probably needs wet sanded if it's as bad as it sounds

·
Registered
229 Posts
Probably the clear coat is scratched off, and no matter what you do now you'll be able to see the marks. And eventually it will fade and be even more noticeable. It needs to be sanded down, touched up, and re-clear coated. If you know a good body guy/gal they could do it for you for a couple hundred bucks probably, and save you an insurance claim.

But I think you should talk to your insurance agent. I don't know who otto deals with, but I've had State Farm for 40 years and they've always treated me very fairly. Just don't be a jerk and make up some sort of "accident", just tell your agent what happened, pay the deductible and move on. On the other hand, I guess if I was in the habit of lying to my insurance company I wouldn't trust them to be honest with me either. It's a two-way kind of thing.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts