Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Please excuse me if this is in the wrong section. I have a 2015 CRV EX and wanted to ask about the TPMS calibration process. How exactly is this done? Do I inflate one tire and then click the button and repeat for the other 3 tires? Or do I inflate all 4 tires and then click the TPMS calibration button? Any feedback would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I believe that you inflate all tires to the proper pressure then click the button. To make it accurate I would suggest to over inflate it a bit then let it sit overnight by morning check all the tire pressure without driving the vehicle , after all are the same pressure click the button.

·
Registered
851 Posts
There are instructions in the owner's manual and it's done with the steering wheel controls by clicking through menu options. So make sure all tires are at the correct tire pressure and go through the very simple calibration process while the car is stopped. This should be repeated whenever tires are rotated or replaced.

The TPMS system in the 2015s relies on the ABS system counting tire revolutions, comparing them to vehicle speed and to one another. When the system is reset, it will spend the next number of miles establishing a baseline of revolutions for each tire position which then becomes the basis for alerting the driver should one or more tires deviate from the baseline. ( A tire with low pressure will have a reduced diameter, requiring more revolutions to travel a given distance.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are instructions in the owner's manual and it's done with the steering wheel controls by clicking through menu options. So make sure all tires are at the correct tire pressure and go through the very simple calibration process while the car is stopped. This should be repeated whenever tires are rotated or replaced.

The TPMS system in the 2015s relies on the ABS system counting tire revolutions, comparing them to vehicle speed and to one another. When the system is reset, it will spend the next number of miles establishing a baseline of revolutions for each tire position which then becomes the basis for alerting the driver should one or more tires deviate from the baseline. ( A tire with low pressure will have a reduced diameter, requiring more revolutions to travel a given distance.)
So there is no need to click the button on the left hand side? The owner's manual is not very clear so I wanted some clarification on the issue from other owners and it seems like from what you are saying, this is only done once through the menu options after I inflate all 4 tires?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts