Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to lock a thread that we started so there isn't any reply's? Possible to block certain people from replying to threads that do nothing but cause problems/talk crap?

Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
Is it possible to lock a thread that we started so there isn't any reply's? Possible to block certain people from replying to threads that do nothing but cause problems/talk crap?
you can request a thread you started closed by a moderator.
You can mute users on their profile

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
you can request a thread you started closed by a moderator.
You can mute users on their profile
Is "Mute" or "Ignore" the same? Will the person I ignore be allowed to reply to posts/threads I make? Or does it just block me from seeing what said person wrote?

Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
Please, always provide a link to any Topic or Thread that you feel needs action.

As stated, you can Report a response and the Moderators will see it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As stated, you can Report a response and the Moderators will see it.
I reported every post, finally just clicked "Ignore". Much prefer the ability to block certain people that just cause/stir trouble,,, especially if it had nothing to do with my original topic.

Registered
Ignore will throw off some meaningful threads as well as some of the contents won't make any sense after that.

Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
I reported every post, finally just clicked "Ignore". Much prefer the ability to block certain people that just cause/stir trouble,,, especially if it had nothing to do with my original topic.

Just apply ignore to the offending party. Easy to do, and completely under your control. If doing so makes a thread start to read weirdly.. you can always selectively click any ignored post to see what it says.

The moderators here tend to give the forum membership some latitude in terms of comments, and going off topic, being provocative, etc. So reporting a post is fine.. but you likely will find the moderators err on the side of leaving the post.... hence take advantage of the ignore feature. :)

Registered
Locking a thread is the quickest path to its obsolescence. It will drop to the bottom of the forum pretty quickly and will never rise. The "ignore" feature is about all you can do, if you're not a moderator. That said, putting your head in the sand is not usually a good way to make your point. Not replying to posts you think are irrelevant is the best way to deal with them.

Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
Glad you found the Ignore button.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts