Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. After purchasing our CRV 2 months ago, we found out that we will be expecting a third child.

My question is, can you fit 3 kids seats in the second row. We have one child that can sit in a booster seat, but the problem is the kids seats. They just take up so much room. I don't see how it could even work, so I am thinking no.

Anyone have any experience here with this?

I hate to get rid of the CR-V, but might not have a choice.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hello all. After purchasing our CRV 2 months ago, we found out that we will be expecting a third child.

My question is, can you fit 3 kids seats in the second row. We have one child that can sit in a booster seat, but the problem is the kids seats. They just take up so much room. I don't see how it could even work, so I am thinking no.

Anyone have any experience here with this?

I hate to get rid of the CR-V, but might not have a choice.
I'd say depends on the kids seats. We have a graco convertible that is fairly narrow and I'd bet two of them plus a booster would fit. A chico keyfit30 infant seat also doesn't take up too much space. I bet you can make it work, booster on the side with infant seat in the middle and convertible on the other side.

Interested in hearing how you make it work as I have a growing family too!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know one of the video reviews I saw online stated you could fit 3 child safety seats in the CR-V, but them didn't demonstrate that so I was curious and went searching and I found this.

http://www.thecarcrashdetective.com/2014/07/3-across-installations-crv.html/

So it looks like aaron.b is right in that it depends on the kid seats. :) I will add a note of there are only 5 anchors for the latches, with the middle and drivers side position sharing an anchor. So maybe the booster seat that uses the seat belts instead of the latch system?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes 3 will fit no problem, as long as they are not the huge size ones you know the ones with two cup holders on the sides etc.
A 200lbs person regularly travels between a rear facing and a forward facing child seats with out complaints.
Good room in the CRV

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everybody for the posts. It is still early in the pregnancy and don't know if it will carry through, but my mind is racing on where we will put a extra body in the car, in the house.

Its good to know it might possibly work getting 3 car seats in the CRV. Its good SUV, that I would hate to get rid of, and we just got it a few months ago.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Back when I owned Miatas there was a hilarious cartoon circulated that showed a trailer being pulled by the Miata with one or two kids strapped in it. This was the early days of photoshop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a little late, but yes! I have had my 2007 CRV for years and have been a nanny. I can get most types of carseats in my backseat. The best way to do this is to use the latch for the the middle car seat and the seatbelt installation for the outside seats. This gives the outside seats a little more room. Right now I have 2 Britax Marathons (middle is rear facing, passenger side is front facing) and a Graco 3 in 1 booster (forward facing). I used to have a Recaro which is one of the biggest car seats, forward facing, a Britax Marathon in the center, a a Britax pinnacle booster on the drivers side! It is possible, it just takes a few trials, but I have found that way works best!

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
Maybe you could trade in some of the kids and keep the car. I'd go with the ones you've had the longest. :Surrender:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts