Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im from the philippines and im interested on some of your items, specially OEM rims. is it possible for you to ship them in my country? :)

thanks,
conrad

·
Registered
720 Posts
i read the shipping policies on your website and it states that honda restricts the export of US honda parts/accessories... but why do we see honda dealers on the net offering to ship outside of US for parts/accessories? on ebay alone, i see tons of dealers that can ship to where i am (canada).
just curious.

·
Registered
300 Posts
It is my understanding that it is a violation of their franchise agreement.
However, like all rules, unless or until Honda goes after them they can keep doing it. For us it just isn't worth risking our dealership agreement with Honda over it.

Odds are Honda will never bother with them, but then again some of us aren't able to use the word "Honda" in our accessory site URL even though we are a Honda dealer (and have been since 1962), that is also one of Honda's rules. But I only know of one dealer that was served legal papers about it. And plenty of places still get away with it years later. Makes no sense to me.

-Trevor

·
Registered
720 Posts
It is my understanding that it is a violation of their franchise agreement. However, unless or until Honda goes after them they can keep doing it. For us it just isn't worth risking our dealership agreement with Honda over it.
Odds are Honda will never bother with them, but then again some of us aren't able to use the work "Honda" in our URL even though we are a Honda dealer, because that is one of Honda's rules also. Go figure.

-Trevor
thanks for the answer.

we always get shafted in canada. the msrp of my crv is C$27,700 on www.honda.ca and on www.honda.com (USA), it's listed at around US$21k for the same exact vehicle. it happens with everything, not just honda products. i was just informed that canadians cannot buy brand new honda vehicles in washington and oregon state, but we can buy used honda vehicles. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts