Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings - New member here looking for some help.

Just sold my 2006 CR-V and bought a brand new 2016 CR-V EX (NON-NAV).

I cannot set the clock. Car has the 2 screen configuration. The clock adjust menu comes up as advertised, with UP/DOWN arrows to set hour and minute. However, another Timezone "button" is on the left of the screen that is fixed at PST (Pacific Standard Time). It is not adjustable via touch screen. I understand this function comes with those cars with Nav System. But mine is just a straight EX - no navigation.

There is an obscure one liner in the manual that says "ON MODELS WITH TWO DISPLAYS: The audio and navigation system receives signals from GPS satellites, updating the clock automatically." This is vague to me - as it does not say only on models with Nav System. From the manual I can tell that IF it had a Nav system, the menu options would include items such as AUTO TIME ZONE and AUTO DAYLIGHT TIME. My car has no such options - but it sure as heck shows the clock stuck in PST.

As an experiment, I set the time manually and clock worked fine. I live in Central Time Zone. Next time I turned on the engine up pops the correct Pacific Standard Time. Repeated this experiment several times - same result. Somehow the car is receiving time signals, but puts them in PST.

I saw this exact same topic in a thread from last year. But there was no good answer and the original poster disappeared - probably in frustration. So, before I drive the 80 miles back to the dealer, anybody out there in CR-V land have a clue?

To summarize - I have poured over the owner's manual and cannot find a solution. I've drilled down in all the settings menus looking for something that will allow me to adjust time zone, or at least disable it. This is not a NAV System equipped car. I get a time display for two time zones away, can manually set it to correct local time. But after engine re-start the clock reverts to PST.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I mentioned in my original post - I read the previous thread from last year on same exact topic. And, as I mentioned - there was no conclusive answer...much less any solution. As for the question about time zone selector - again, as I mentioned in my post - this option does not appear on my screen. It only appears (from what I've read) on models with NAV system. If I had that option I wouldn't be asking these questions.

My opinion is: This is a software quirk...probably as the result of very poor quality control and/or beta testing. Without the Nav system, when you adjust the clock you get a screen you would see if you had a Nav system installed, but the time zone button is not active when touched. I can set the time okay, and that's all I really need. The interface is poorly designed and is confusing for the consumer.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
As I mentioned in my original post - I read the previous thread from last year on same exact topic. And, as I mentioned - there was no conclusive answer...much less any solution. As for the question about time zone selector - again, as I mentioned in my post - this option does not appear on my screen. It only appears (from what I've read) on models with NAV system. If I had that option I wouldn't be asking these questions.

My opinion is: This is a software quirk...probably as the result of very poor quality control and/or beta testing. Without the Nav system, when you adjust the clock you get a screen you would see if you had a Nav system installed, but the time zone button is not active when touched. I can set the time okay, and that's all I really need. The interface is poorly designed and is confusing for the consumer.
Did either of the two posts on the second page come to be of any help? Link a phone, in particular? I'm sorry if I am not of more help, since I am located in a PST zone, so the default-PST behavior is fine by me.

It should be noted (uselessly), there IS a GPS radio chip inside of the non-NAV headunit. Probably a leftover from the likely use of an off-the-shelf SoC, which are overwhelmingly focused on profitable cellular phones (also a likely requirement of Carplay - which this unit does not have, but is leading up to it). You can actually see your long/lat coordinates in the diagnostic screen (not part of the regular menu).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Intruder35,
I recently got a CRV EX L and have the same issue. I am in EST so in the icon (PST) I did a plus (4), and the time stayed correct, for now anyway. Will probably have to adjust soon for
daylight savings time... Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts