Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or can you no longer Honda TSBs anymore?

I am presented with the attached message now, when trying to access any of the Honda TSBs.

2018-05-24 18_31_47-LinkDeny.jpg

·
Registered
263 Posts
Several weeks ago, Honda finally fixed a security hole that existed for many years which allowed "back door" to access TSB's, Tech Line and Service News articles, and some service information. This information was never intended for the general public. Honda finally had enough of the unauthorized access and illegal redistribution of this information and put a stop to it. This is no different than any other manufacturer.

You can access recalls and summaries of TSB's at the NHTSA website. Summaries of TSB's are found under the "manufacturer communications" section.

For $10 per day or $50 per month, you can subscribe to Honda ServiceExpress and view full TSB's and service information for all Honda models from 1990 to present.

Fair warning: Worry warts shouldn't go browsing through TSB's! Regardless of brand, exposing yourself to information about things that could, but not necessarily will, go wrong with your vehicle, may prevent you from being able to sleep comfortably. ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
"Fair warning: Worry warts shouldn't go browsing through TSB's! Regardless of brand, exposing yourself to information about things that could, but not necessarily will, go wrong with your vehicle, may prevent you from being able to sleep comfortably. "

If I was paddling along the Niagara River, I would want the information of whether I was above or below the falls.

·
Registered
263 Posts
"Fair warning: Worry warts shouldn't go browsing through TSB's! Regardless of brand, exposing yourself to information about things that could, but not necessarily will, go wrong with your vehicle, may prevent you from being able to sleep comfortably. "

If I was paddling along the Niagara River, I would want the information of whether I was above or below the falls.
Of course, but that's a life safety issue. Defects that could result in injury or death are reported as recalls. TSB's are for everything else.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Fair warning: Worry warts shouldn't go browsing through TSB's! Regardless of brand, exposing yourself to information about things that could, but not necessarily will, go wrong with your vehicle, may prevent you from being able to sleep comfortably. ;)
Although it is good to be informed, some of the reported problems with the Gen5 seem to cause a lot of anxiety with owners who haven't experienced those problems. Reminds me of people diagnosing their own medical ailments using the web. I bought an extended warranty for peace of mind so I wouldn't worry about potential problems.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Most of the TSB's are now available as a PDF on the NHTSA website. Look under "Manufacturer Communications" for vehicle in question. For 2017 CRV there's 104 communications. Scroll thru to find the communication with the TSB you want. Expand and click on "Associated Document" to access the PDF link.

Here's link for 2017 CRV. 2018 has 48 communications and 2019 has 2. To search for 2018 and 2019 change the year in the link.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2017/HONDA/CR-V/SUV/AWD#manufacturerCommunications

1 - 9 of 9 Posts