Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm trying to login to the forum on Google Chrome, as soon as I press the Login/Join button (even before I enter the credentials) I get this error: "Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again."
Reloading the page doesn't help.
From Internet Explorer it works fine.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
My default browser is Chrome and I don't have that problem.
I did some Google searching on it, and most responses were "clear your cache/cookies/etc" which mostly didn't fix it, but a few times did.
But I did see one that was interesting, and it was an ad blocker plugin for Chrome that was causing the error. I know my Avast antivirus software is warning me there are 20 trackers active on this site, but it doesn't stop me from accessing the site.
Do you have an ad blocker installed?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,724 Posts
One other member had issues logging in with a similar Security message.

After a lot of back-and-forth with the Administrators, it was thought that he had malware on his device.

You could send a message ("conversation")to @AdminSupport .

·
Administrator
513 Posts
If the fixes from racoon don't help, do start a conversation with us, tell us what version of chrome you're running as well as any active script blockers or ad ons you may have enabled. I use Chrome myself so I should be able to help you troubleshoot further if it's not Cache or Cookie issues. :)

Gerrit

·
Registered
434 Posts
If the fixes from racoon don't help, do start a conversation with us, tell us what version of chrome you're running as well as any active script blockers or ad ons you may have enabled. I use Chrome myself so I should be able to help you troubleshoot further if it's not Cache or Cookie issues. :)

Gerrit
Hi. I had the same issue yesterday after I upgraded to Chrome 79. Since I did not want to delete ALL my cookies I went to Chrome Settings, Advanced, Site Settings, etc... and just deleted the "crvownersclub" cookies. Reloaded Chrome and all is well now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts