Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I honestly did not even know that my 2010 CR-V had a car alarm. Today I parked it and locked it and noticed that there was a flashing red light on the lower part of the dashboard. I unlocked the car and it stopped but when I got in the car, locked the doors using the fob, unlocked it manually and got out the alarm went off. This has never happened before and i have owned the car for 3 years. Does anyone know how I suddenly have engaged the alarm and how I can reset it to not start? Also, will it go off if someone touches the car or a truck rumbles by? I don't want to disturb my neighbors. Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
most likely your alarm was always working and it's just that you haven't noticed it until now.
Honda alarms are VERY basic, so it won't go off is someone touches the car, or a truck rumbles by. The only way you will accidentally trip the alarm is the following:
-exactly what you stated, car is manually unlocked and the door gets opened. someone can be from the outside of the car and reach in and manually unlock it. Same outcome.
-you physically stick your key into the door to unlock the car. (I have tested this extensively, but I notice everytime I do that, the alarm goes off)
-someone shoves a screwdriver into the keyhole and is successful in unlocking it that way.

What won't set it off?
if someone broke your window
if someone is able to get into your car without opening a door (ie, broke your window and leaned it)

I can go on, but just know that Honda alarms are not very sophisticated.

Now that you know your alarm can go off, do you know how to turn it off?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Honda alarms are VERY basic, so it won't go off is someone touches the car, or a truck rumbles by. The only way you will accidentally trip the alarm is the following:
-exactly what you stated, car is manually unlocked and the door gets opened. someone can be from the outside of the car and reach in and manually unlock it. Same outcome.
-you physically stick your key into the door to unlock the car. (I have tested this extensively, but I notice everytime I do that, the alarm goes off)
Really? Mine doesn't do that. Have unlocked it with the key many times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really? I am very observant about my car and never saw the flashing red light on the dashboard. Also, when I locked the car I saw the radio light flash once as well. Never saw this before either and i have owned the car for nearly 3 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My alarm will go off if you are sat in the car while you lock it and then move so assuming it has some sort of internal sensors so not /that/ basic?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts