Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought this 2002 crv, and after drving it for 30 minutes, and going above 3000 rpms, the car will start to buckle as if was choking. When o let off the gas, it will work fine, until i acceletate over 3000rpm. Any pointers are appreciated.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome to the forum, my guess would be a couple of different ideas, or a combination of them. Fuel filter/Fuel pump/or possible spark plugs If you do the plugs yourself, DON'T use anything except NGK original plugs. JMHO and good luck.
David g...................:rolleyes:FONT][/I]

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, try removing your VTec solenoid and clean out the stainless steel filter screen. If clogged with cause choking at 3,000rpm.
I have noticed that if you have used an engine oil flush, this usually will clean the sludge and clogg the Vtec Solenoid screen.
change your oil and filter more often.
Hope this will help you out.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,623 Posts
I thought that VTEC actuator issues also create a Check Engine Light. That said, they are common on early Gen2 years.

+++++++++

The Gen2 cars will normally suffer some surging at part throttle at ~2200 RPM and again at ~3000 - 4500 RPM. Does the issue occur at full throttle?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Tazo,

Do you have a good how to do it thread on removing and cleaning the VTC solenoid? Do you know how much it cost and if is better to just replace it?
From all of you suggestions, I think that the problem is the VTC solenoid.
Thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Also check for vacuum leaks. They will cause this type of problem too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts