Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need a integrated diagnostic tool which can work with Asian, European and American cars. I search on the internet and find the maxi ds708 gets quite high praise. Who used the diagnostic tool? What about it?

·
Everything in Moderation
8,176 Posts
Are you a technician? Otherwise that's a high price to pay for a casual, occasional user...

I have a ScanguageII and a Garmin EcoRouteHD that will read codes, which I then look up on the internet. Forums such as this one will lead you to solutions for common problems.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
Other than the cost of the unit my concern is that the company does not have a physical address posted on the website.

A quick search determined it is being shipped out of Singapore. What happens when you have an issue with the item?

·
Registered
59 Posts
My surfing has me landed on "torque" app, sold online for $4-6 with a link device that sells for $25 on Amazon. So you install your app on your android and buy the hookup for the OBD II. I am still researching. Want to see if the app has a PC version.
Our only android device is a tablet that is not mine and my kid would not be happy to see it in the garage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That Torque app looks cool, although I am car diagnostic illiterate. If I ever got that, I would need some kind of mount for my tablet in the front

·
Registered
901 Posts
You should try elmscan5 compact either the usb version or bluetooth version, You just need a laptop or netbook to use it inside the car. It come with software included. Gives up error codes and freeze frame data, speed, sensor info and etc. For 1st gen crvs you need a 16 pin to 3pin adapter to fit it in the socket of the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts