Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble seting it up. My phone just spins, and It will not show up on my phone screen. Do I need an HDMI cable for it to work?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Please give us more details about the problem so that we can help you.

You mentioned CarPlay in your thread title, but that is a very specific feature for Apple phones that isn't yet available for the CR-V (unless someone contacted you and asked you to be part of a beta test).

Let's start with the basics...
What kind of phone do you have?
You mentioned the HDMI cable... are you trying to use HondaLink?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2015 CRV, Honda car play lets you use some of the feature of your iPhone in you car touch screen. Including messaging and maps.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have a 2015 CRV, Honda car play lets you use some of the feature of your iPhone in you car touch screen. Including messaging and maps.
There is no such thing as "Honda car play".

• There is "Apple CarPlay" (see the attached image) which is not supported on the CR-V yet.
  • There is "Siri Eyes Free Mode" which let's you perform Siri voice commands through your CR-V's stereo. Here is a link with more information.
  • There is "HondaLink Next Generation" which I suspect is what you are trying to do. It allows you to do navigation and streaming audio through your phone, but requires you to install special apps from Honda onto your phone. Here is a link with more information.
If the links I provided still don't answer your questions then I'm sure myself or someone else on here can answer them, but you will have to provide much more detail than what you have currently provided.

For example:
What buttons did you press?
What did you see on the screen? ("My phone just spins" doesn't tell us much).

14.03.03-CarPlay-2.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry but Honda doesn't yet offer carplay in their 2015 CR-V. I wish they did. You can do like I did and buy the Hondalink App for $60 and then an HDMI cable for more money if you want. In my opinion it was all a waste. The navigation does display on the cars flatscreen but it's so terrible that I'd rather just use my iPhone 6. Maybe Honda will offer carplay sometime down the road as a firmware update.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would like to think the 2016 CRV will have carplay as standard, otherwise we'll have to wait until 2017 New model. OR if Honda came out with a firmware update for the 2015's would be great!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I would like to think the 2016 CRV will have carplay as standard, otherwise we'll have to wait until 2017 New model. OR if Honda came out with a firmware update for the 2015's would be great!
Yeah! Or if one of the beta testers would share the files with us :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Man, I WISH Carplay worked with the 2015,2016 CR-V. It is very frustrating to me that it doesn't because I know they beta tested it on some users. I sort of assumed when they did that that they would roll it out to the 2016 model but no dice. I keep hoping they will offer it as an option at some point but I am doubtful. Oh well, I guess the 2017 people will get all the goodies!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I tweeted a question to Honda about this (noting I had heard of a beta test and that it was mentioned in press articles that it would be available) and they replied that CarPlay has to be installed at the factory. Clearly we know this to be false (otherwise, how could you do a beta test with just plugging a USB device in?).

·
Registered
78 Posts
I tweeted a question to Honda about this (noting I had heard of a beta test and that it was mentioned in press articles that it would be available) and they replied that CarPlay has to be installed at the factory. Clearly we know this to be false (otherwise, how could you do a beta test with just plugging a USB device in?).

Exactly! There has to be something they're not telling us. Shouldn't it just be a plug in or CD to update the software? Strange how the 2016 Pilot doesn't have Carplay either but yet the Accord and Civic do.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I start feeling old when I get into the new vehicles with all this fancy software stuff :D Given how rapidly technology advances these days, I think it will be interesting how well some of these features age... At some point either the vehicles or the mobile devices will no longer be updated and I suspect that phones 10 years from now may not work with the cars being sold today.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I start feeling old when I get into the new vehicles with all this fancy software stuff :D Given how rapidly technology advances these days, I think it will be interesting how well some of these features age... At some point either the vehicles or the mobile devices will no longer be updated and I suspect that phones 10 years from now may not work with the cars being sold today.
My 8-Tracks & Cassettes don’t fit in my CD drive~ :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
3,225 Posts
Fit has CarPlay as well. Honda's management of this feature is woefully behind customer expectations

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've accepted the fact that my previous cars Ford sync did so much more than the pretty honda unit. At least I have camera's and stuff.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts