Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

This is my first post here, and will be one of many!

I have a 98 Crv 5 speed and was driving down the highway and the engine stalled with the check engine light on.

Waiting a few minutes I started the car again and it went normal again. The following day it done it again. I waited again a few minutes and again it started!. Does anyone have any ideas on what would be causing this? I thought the fuel pump but any ideas??

cheers

Nick

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
How many miles? Was anything done on your CRV before this happened? It could be an Ignition switch problem. Try this , wiggle the key & try to simulate the problem. Depends on the mileage , it could be an Igniter that is going bad. I hope this helps. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had a similar problem with my 99 accord LX I4. Started dying at highway speeds and then just coming back to life (no need to restart), and the service engine light would come on not the cel for about a second. Then it progressed into dying and needing to be restarted.
Then dying at the worst intersections. Ended up being the ignition switch. Easy fix. Keep the site posted on what you find though. It helps other who search problems tremendously.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts