Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Before I call a mechanic, can anyone guess what went wrong? I just removed the thermostat and changed the O rings of all the 4 injectors (there was a gas leak at one of them).
After that, when trying to start, the board lights started to flash and so I turned off the key. Since then won't do even that. Batery is ok and I suspect I might have made a shortcut somewhere, or burnt a fuse, but can't find it. It looks like I've managed to put everything back in their place, still something is missing :)
Where would you look next?
By the way, trying to start swithes on the board lights. There is also a click from a relay located front left of the front passenger side (my car has the wheel on the right) - I don't know its purpose. No ignition at all.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Just for more info for someone that may be able to help: Does the engine crank over but not fire?
Are the battery connections snug and clean?
Anything else electrical that you took off or disconnected?
What electrical wires or connectors did you remove or disconnect?
Buffalo4

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
There are electrical terminals that is connected to the housing of the thermostat. If these terminals are not connected or not getting any ground the vehicle will not start. Double check your work on the thermostat housing & verify. Let us know.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you don't get any lights on the dash check the battery fuse. It should be in the fuse box in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes sounds like you forgot the ground wire to the thermostat housing area or the conectors not fully connected or you may have coolant in a connector

1 - 6 of 6 Posts