Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New CR-V owner, 2010 2.2 diesel manual, Honda wiring harness to feed 13-pin socket, Car handles 'van very well, no problems UNTIL.....
Hindsight: I failed to initialise the Deflation warning system after raising the rear tyre pressures to 2.3bar as per User Manual.
Consequence: After a couple of hours towing the Deflation warning system, plus the VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) plus the TSA (Trailer Stability Assist) ALL threw up warnings - a bit like an unexpected Christmas Tree lighting problem.
There were NO such problems, so stopped asap, deselected VSA, but the tenacious memory system refused to forget its multiple faults (until I later disconnected the 'van, when complete amnesia was shown). Prior to disconnection I drove on, only to notice that the car was persistently turning off the side/rear running lights on the 'van; they only came on again for a few minutes after I braked, but then were turned off again. Thank goodness it wasn't dark !

After initialising the Deflation warning system and selecting "VSA Off", I've had no problems at all.

BUT...
What obscure megalomanic logic makes the car control system turn off safety-related running lights, whatever the provocation ?

Several Honda service departments couldn't help, including the one which later tested the 13-pin socket and found it correctly wired.

Anyone got any ideas, please ?

Chris.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts