Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2001 Honda CR-V Sport with a sunroof. I've made some enquiries about purchasing a cargo barrier and having it installed. I won't go genuine - their price was almost $600. The guy in the parts department referred me to a local company and it was here that I was told that because I have a sunroof, I couldn't have a cargo barrier installed because the mechanisms for the sunroof are in the same position as where he would have to screw bolts in to attach the cargo barrier to the vehicle interior.

I'd rather not get one of those flexible mesh ones if I can help it, as the reason I need the barrier is to keep the dog (a 9 month-old Labrador puppy) in the back and I fear he would just tear through it.

My question: is this true? It seems rather odd to me, given that if this is true it would preclude anyone with a sunroof from having the protection of a cargo barrier!

Regards,

Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dog in Back

I have a 75 lb. Catahoula hound - really big. I confine her to the far back in my 2005 CRV with a metal bar system I got on EBAY for around $45. It works on tension rods that screw into floor and ceiling so no permanent installation. I've had it for a year, and other than impressions in the ceiling, it has worked fine.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,008 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts