Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a rooftop cargo carrier (looking at Thule's). I already have the crossbars (Thule). My problem is the satellite antennae. It looks like any carrier will hit the antennae (at least Thule's will.)

Has anyone found a solution to this?

How is the reception if I unscrew the antennae?

Is there an aftermarket antennae that tilts downward?

·
Registered
442 Posts
It should not hit the antennae, unless you have like an extension to the basket. I have a carrier and it does not hit the antennae. Look at pics on this forum with folks with cargo baskets and you will get a better idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should clarify. I have the 2015exl with an external antennae. The Thule carrier I am looking at is not the basket but one of their aerodynamic containers. The medium size has about 14 inches behind the rear bar.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Oh yes I did not understand that you are looking at cargo boxes. For those the antennae has to be removed, there are reviews of various boxes on etrailer where they remove the antennae. Removing it is very simple so you can give it a try and see how reception it.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I want to get a rooftop cargo carrier (looking at Thule's). I already have the crossbars (Thule). My problem is the satellite antennae. It looks like any carrier will hit the antennae (at least Thule's will.)

Has anyone found a solution to this?

How is the reception if I unscrew the antennae?

Is there an aftermarket antennae that tilts downward?
I have an Inno aero cargo carrier, installed so it would miss the factory antenna had the box too far forward, I searched for a stubby to replace the OE whip but my timeline to acquire before I was leaving town was too short. I had a OE Acura RDX shark fin that I went ahead and installed, with the box just missing the shark fin the spoiler on my hatch just misses the cargo box. I just got back from a trip out West, the box is still on the roof, I will take a pic and post in the morning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts