Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been building and playing around with the different 2017 CR-V models on Honda's site, and can't seem to find the cargo cover listed in the accessory add-on section, but I've seen it pictured all over the place (Honda's site, and elsewhere).

Does this mean the retractable cargo cover is included with all models? Privacy glass is a great feature, but since I travel a lot for work with my laptop and other valuables, the added coverage of the cargo cover is a must. If I remember correctly, it was an additional accessory you could purchase on the older CR-V models, but did not always come standard.

BTW, just some background--The model I have listed in my profile is the one I am HOPING to get later this spring. My favorite dealership happens to still have a lot of 2016 inventory left over, so they're not budging on pricing right now and are dying to sell me last year's model. My 2012 Civic is a beast and I'll miss it, but these 2017 updates, including the additions of Carplay and the digital instrument cluster, have me eager to buy. I hope to join the discussions as an "official" owner sometime soon! Yay for tax season :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes it does.

I know the feeling we are probably from the same area from your user name. Dealers didn't want to budge...no way I would've made it thru winter with my tires and I wanted one bad enough I didn't care.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My EX came with it too, I'll never use it since it's a worthless waste of time, but it's there nevertheless.

·
Registered
679 Posts
My EX came with it too, I'll never use it since it's a worthless waste of time, but it's there nevertheless.
Wow a worthless waste of time? 2 seconds. I would find it worthless if I was good f to cover and uncover it without having anything in the cargo area.

·
Registered
190 Posts
ulieq, Do you ever have anything positive to say? Every one of your posts is so critical of the CRV, maybe you should have done more research before buying? Use it or not, it's nice to have when/if you have need for it. If it didn't come with it you would complain that you had to pay extra for it.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have found the retractable cargo cover to be very since I got my first one on a new Escape in October 2000. Their purpose is to hide the cargo to keep people from knowing what you have in the vehicle which deters theft and keep other people from knowing what you are carrying (presents, personal things, etc.).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts