Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 CRV, when I purchased it did not come with the Right and Left Cargo floor Pocket lids. (Manual page 92 for reference) This cargo floor pocket holds the spare tire took kit. One pocket is on each side of the removable trunk table. I am looking to get lids for the these pockets, because the cargo bed is not flat without these lids. So, Does anyone
have these in there very vehicle that can trace them and make a template for me and then mail me that template Or does anyone make them or sell them?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,724 Posts
Wait...you have the 2001. Can't you trace the outline onto cardboard, yourself?

Then you can say you used CAD. (Cardboard Aided Design) ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait...you have the 2001. Can't you trace the outline onto cardboard, yourself?

Then you can say you used CAD. (Cardboard Aided Design) ?

I can, and I will if I someone cannot help me with the trace pattern vs doing a negative trace. Might fit better tracing the lid then the lid hole. I just thought I would ask. No harm asking.

I have no idea what or how to do a CAD. That is above my pay grade!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I checked my favorite parts site and neither piece is available anymore.

I think Carbuff2 had a good idea. Use a piece of a carboard box or some posterboard to cut and trim a piece the size and shape of the openings, then trace the pattern onto something sturdier like a piece of plywood or thick plastic and cut it to fit. Then drill a hole in the center as a "finger hole" so you can easily pull them up.

And Carbuff2 was making a joke about "CAD" (Cardboard Aided Design).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked my favorite parts site and neither piece is available anymore.

I think Carbuff2 had a good idea. Use a piece of a carboard box or some posterboard to cut and trim a piece the size and shape of the openings, then trace the pattern onto something sturdier like a piece of plywood or thick plastic and cut it to fit. Then drill a hole in the center as a "finger hole" so you can easily pull them up.

And Carbuff2 was making a joke about "CAD" (Cardboard Aided Design).
Thanks for looking into that. Yea I was planning on doing that. However to get a better fit, I thought I would try to get a tracing the actual lids. Thanks again!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,724 Posts
Just a thought...perhaps you could get some OEM panels from a junkyard!

Reactions: kendow42

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
If I was making a set of these, I'd use construction paper to make the templates, as it's flexible and allows you to just lay it over the opening and rub with your thumb to get the exact shape. Then cut out and test fit. re-do as needed. Then make covers out of quarter-inch tempered Masonite, which you can then paint to match, or cover with carpet as desired. If you want something stronger, use plexiglass instead. Materials available from the Home Depot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a thought...perhaps you could get some OEM panels from a junkyard!
I did think of that. However our closest one is drive. I will try the template first. Just trying to see if anyone has them and wanted to help a girl out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I was making a set of these, I'd use construction paper to make the templates, as it's flexible and allows you to just lay it over the opening and rub with your thumb to get the exact shape. Then cut out and test fit. re-do as needed. Then make covers out of quarter-inch tempered Masonite, which you can then paint to match, or cover with carpet as desired. If you want something stronger, use plexiglass instead. Materials available from the Home Depot.
Great! Thanks for the tip. I just want a flat trunk. nothing fancy.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I did some Google searching using the part numbers. Lots of hits, most saying they were discontinued or no longer available. However, one place did not say that:

https://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-LID-R-FLOOR-SIDE-NH120L__84533-S10-A00ZA.aspx
https://www.bernardiparts.com/Products/LID-L-FLOOR-SIDE-NH120L__84583-S10-000ZA.aspx

And yes, it allowed me to add them to the shopping cart.
They do have an 800 number so it's worth a call.

Edit: I emptied the 'shopping cart' just in case they only had a few, and marked them as reserved because they were in my cart.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did some Google searching using the part numbers. Lots of hits, most saying they were discontinued or no longer available. However, one place did not say that:

https://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-LID-R-FLOOR-SIDE-NH120L__84533-S10-A00ZA.aspx
https://www.bernardiparts.com/Products/LID-L-FLOOR-SIDE-NH120L__84583-S10-000ZA.aspx

And yes, it allowed me to add them to the shopping cart.
They do have an 800 number so it's worth a call.

Edit: I emptied the 'shopping cart' just in case they only had a few, and marked them as reserved because they were in my cart.
Thanks for this info, I really appreciate it. wow, $40 bucks for pair. I will do my best to get them traced! :)

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,724 Posts
If you decide to go the junkyard route, check car-part.com and see which yards have the parts, and what shipping would be.

·
Read Only
11 Posts
My 2001 CRV, when I purchased it did not come with the Right and Left Cargo floor Pocket lids. (Manual page 92 for reference) This cargo floor pocket holds the spare tire took kit. One pocket is on each side of the removable trunk table. I am looking to get lids for the these pockets, because the cargo bed is not flat without these lids. So, Does anyone View attachment 135495 have these in there very vehicle that can trace them and make a template for me and then mail me that template Or does anyone make them or sell them?

·
Read Only
11 Posts
Have you tried an auto salvage yard (junk yard)? The early generation CR-V's all have the same body configuration. There ought to be a few wrecked ones out there that still have some of the interior parts still existing.

·
Read Only
11 Posts
Have you tried an auto salvage yard (junk yard)? The early generation CR-V's all have the same body configuration. There ought to be a few wrecked ones out there that still have some of the interior parts still existing.
WHOOPS! Sorry I pulled the trigger on the post before I read the entire thread. Sorry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Found 2 junkyards about One and half hour away. Hubby and I made the trek out there and I found the covers. Thanks for everyone's comments.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts