Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used 2018 CR-V EX-L and it’s great except when using the maps app the voice guidance doesn’t work. I have updated my phone, rebooted the unit in the car and I’m using an original Apple cable and the correct usb port. The phone maps works fine until you connect the cable then the guidance stops. Guidance volume on the car is at 11 and iPhone is set to loud and to pause spoken word and phone volume is on. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I have an iPhone XR. 2018 EX-L. It no problems with maps or guidance. After Maps is turned on, There is an expandable box on the screen to turn some features on/off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but tried that to. Not sure what’s going on. I have tried every setting on the car unit and phone. Also tried different iPhones. Maps gives visual directions but no voice guidance

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,459 Posts
Do u have your voice guidance muted?
Turn off bluetooth. Delete the phone. Re add it to carplay.
Put in a quick trip and adjust the knob during a step.

then resync the phone with bluetooth and try it again. Also make sure nothing else is connected via bluetooth.

Reboot hu also

Ive used X, XS, 11 pro in crv and zero issues

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
There is a setting in the iPhone. Maps/driving and Navigation for Voice volume. Selections are No Voice, Low, Normal, or Loud. I use loud.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I deleted the phone and reinstalled, nothing is muted. I have adjusted it to 11 which is maximum. I have turned off Bluetooth since I’m connecting with the cable

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Maybe.
I've read some had problems with the IOS 13 update. Apple fix with another update. Are you current?
Turn on Maps and select destination before connecting to Carplay.
Try a different iPhone.
This might help find it its the iPhone or car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Phone software has been updated. I’ve tried starting map directions then connecting the cable, tried 3 different phones. I’ve been troubleshooting this for 6 weeks with everything I could find on the net. Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I'm out of ideas. Suggest you write down everything you've done and take car to dealer. Looks like a car problem to me. I'd even let one of their employees try to sync their iPhone in your car. When that fails they have their proof.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts